Sunday, June 29, 2008

IT Professional doing Civil Engineering.....

For last one year I have been involved in house construction besides my Software Quality Assurance. They are two of them, one is mine and the other is my Uncle's house.

From masonry work to plumbing, electric wiring to carpenter's work, grilling or painting, in short I was seriously indulged in every bit of task. Passing the map, purchasing material and its transportation, managing men at work, arranging and scheduling the tasks modes and financial dealings, they were all fascinating and breath taking tasks. With my full time job, handling such type of things never gonna be easy.

Knowing the art of Civil engineering was simply amazing. Without doing any research or getting certificate I am able to know the low/high nodes of this science. RCC secrets, 3 phase wiring, ceramics and sanitary fittings' world and wood carving.

Hmmmmmm.......... isn't interesting ??????

Nonetheless, it has been a great experience of my life. I got a real chance to meet people related to different fields of life. Feel the difference among their ways of doing work, approach to their objectives and passion for their work. Able to hear them praising and criticizing for different things. I also got the idea of working on physical objects rather than non-physical objects like software.

And above all, now I can think as an IT professional and also as a Civil Engineer, Ahhhh this is Superb.

No comments: