Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I am going to miss a genuine Software Development Manager

A person who remains cool headed in difficult situations, lead teams bravely, loaded with experience and technical knowledge can be considered as a genuine Manager.

From tomorrow, I am going to miss such a genuine Software Development Manager. I was with him for about 17 months. In this period of time I can easily remember numerous occasions where situation demanded real leader ship from him and he was up to the task every time. I saw him angry few times but it was very rare and might be necessary to get angry.

Today, when I met him to say good bye, he offered me nice compliments and prayed for my goodness.

In reply to a question that I had asked him to share his most difficult time in his job life so far, he told me that always give immense importance to team communication. Communication with the client and among team members is very critical for the success of any product or project life cycle. Gapes in communication are the main root cause of failures. Always we need to make sure that every single person has been communicated well.

I have noted down his advice, it will surely help me in developing my self as a successful Project Manager.

No comments: